Wednesday, August 5, 2009

So grown up

Lucas was getting to big for his highchair, so we moved him to a booster seat. He loves sitting at the table with mom and dad. The other night I was trying to get him to eat some ravioli. However, he kept pusing the plate of ravioli away. I kept moving it back and Matt would laugh saying, "I don't think he wants it". In an attempt to get him to eat something, I got him some applesauce. He thinks he needs to feed himself now and will not let us feed him with a spoon. After a few bites of applesauce, I move the ravioli closer again. He started to pick up the pieces of ravioli and put them in the applesauce. Matt thought this was pretty funny and said, "Well, I guess he told you!". In the pictures below you can see the ravioli slowly disappearing from the plate into the bowl of applesauce.


Three...
Two...
One...

All done!


Lucas thinks he is such a big boy now that he can use a spoon. For lunch on Monday, we had some yogart and applesauce (again). Of course he needed to feed himself...he is just too big for mom to feed him now. He was using a spoon in each hand, one for yogart and one for applesauce. When I went for the camera, he got so excited he dropped one spoon. But you can see below that he at least got the spoon to his mouth. I don't know how much actually made it to his belly though. Quite a bit did make it to his shirt...after lunch we were on to outfit number 3 for the day.
















No comments:

All About Lucas

This blog was created for our friends and family who are not able to see Lucas every day. Lucas was born on 07/02/2008 at 4:39 p.m. EST. He weighed 7 pounds, 9 ounces and was 19 3/4 inches long. We hope you enjoy watching Lucas grow up with us.